|Tried to find one that had to do with raw skincare..ah well…|
The world of Green Beauty can be a tad overwhelming for those just switching over. There are so many amazing organic skincare and makeup companies out there that it can seem almost impossible to know which ones are actually worth spending the extra cash on.
For me personally, I knew that I wanted to use products that were completely devoid of all chemicals and harmful ingredients, but I also needed ingredients that would heal my skin.
After a lot of researching, I found some really outstanding companies that gave me incredible results. While I know that there are many wonderful brands out there that I still need to try, I’ve comprised a list of the ones I have tried that I have noticed the greatest difference in the look and health of my skin. The biggest reason, I believe is that most of the brands below are not only organic but raw as well, meaning the ingredients have not been heated above 115 degrees F, which allows them to retain all of their vitality and potency.
1) Living Libations – This was one of the first raw organic skincare lines that I tried when I went clean & green. This is a line that is so pure, so close to nature that it almost seems too good to be true. It’s like Mother Nature herself bottled her most precious botanicals in a pretty violet Miron glass bottle. If you are looking for total health and beauty care that is as natural as can be, this is your brand.
2) Sequoia Beauty – I love everything about this line. I especially love that Laurel uses plants in their entirety in her formulations, rather than extracts like most natural brands. See review here.
3) Elaa Organic Skincare – Like Living Libations, Elaa is as pure as you can get. Every product is carefully thought out and lovingly created to heal, nourish and revitalize your skin. Once you try this brand, you will be hooked. In addition to awesome skincare products, Jill also offers health and nutrition coaching on her site. See review here
4) ISUN Organic Skincare – This was also among the first brands that I tried when I started switching out my toxic products for clean ones. What makes ISUN so unique is that not only are the products produced using live, active plants and minerals, but also Ormus elements (which have organized energy patterns that resonate with the life force-fields of our skin) as well as crystal and geometric patterning (they combine the energies of gemstones in the mineral kingdom with the corresponding herbs, essential oils and base oils in the plant kingdom). This is a beautiful line that gives immediate results.
5) Raw Gaia – I can’t find this amazing line anywhere in the States any longer, but I still needed to mention it. Raw Gaia addresses and heals every known skin issue with their potent and incredibly nourishing formulas. If you are lucky enough to find this brand, I encourage you to give it a try (and let me know where you found it…if in the US, right now I can only find it on British websites) 🙂
6) Bee Yummy Skin Food – If you’re a vegan, you may not want to use this product, but for those of us who don’t have an issue using bee products, this cream is a must have. It is probably one of the most healing and regenerative products on the natural market today as it not only contains raw honey, but bee pollen, propolis, and royal jelly as well. It can be used as either a skin treatment, and is especially wonderful for healing breakouts, or as a day/night moisturizer.
While I still constantly research and try out different products, and my current routine contains only a few of these brands, I have found that for me and my skin, the closer to nature the product, the better results I achieve. 🙂
What are your thoughts on raw skincare? Have you tried any of these brands? If so, which are your favorites?
Peace and Love,