Moor Spa Review + Discount Code!
Hello, loves! Today I am going to share a new-ish brand that I have become pretty impressed with.
If you are someone who loves clean, non-toxic products that are good for both your skin and the environment, I think you’ll love this brand too!
Moor Spa is a small Canadian based company that was founded in 1998 by a Mediation Teacher named Michael Beresford. Michael was very interested in the therapeutic and healing properties of Moor Mud as well as the spa concept and decided to take these interests and create safe and effective spa products that are available to everyone.
Since there is so much to say about this brand, that I could end up writing a book, I think I will just share the most impressive facts. You can also read all about the company, its mission, and goal here.
- All Moor Spa products contain pure, organic Moor Mud sourced from Austria
- All products are free from synthetic preservatives, parabens, sulfates, artificial colors, synthetic fragrances, and petroleum-derived chemicals, such as PEG, propylene glycol, or mineral oil.
- Their number one priority is product safety, followed by product effectiveness – they are rated one of the safest product lines in the professional spa industry!
- Their packaging will be fully biodegradable by 2021, including the packing material.
Benefits of Moor Mud:
- Helps to improve circulation, soothes muscle aches, and reduces swelling in joints
- Some claim drinking it can heal gut issues
- Helps to relieve the symptoms of acne, eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- Has been used to treat bruises, burns, scar tissue, post-laser surgery, and for the general improvement of skin tone and texture.
- The pure Moor extract used in Moor Spa products helps to purify, soothe, nourish, and revitalize the skin.
Other benefits (taken from website):
- Bio-Available: substances found in the Moor are easily absorbed
- High Heat Retention: The thermal properties of Moor enable the substance to retain and transmit heat over an extended period of time.
- Bactericidal Action: The presence of certain bio-active substances and beneficial microflora may help to recreate balance in the bacteriological environment of the body.
- Absorbent: High proportions of humic acid enable the Moor may help to draw and absorb harmful substances that may be trapped in the tissues.
- Hormonal: Phyto-hormone substances present within the Moor may help to stimulate the biotic function of the body and recreate balance in hormonal functioning.
- Soothing: The Moor has consistently been reported to exert a soothing effect on irritated or inflamed tissues.
- Ion-Exchanging: The presence of humic acids causes an exchange reaction in which harmful positive ions in the tissues are replaced by revitalizing negative ions present within the Moor.
- Nerve Stimulant: The fibers of the vegetative nervous system, lying between the epidermal cells, may be stimulated by the Moor.
As I said, pretty impressive! 😉
Moor Spa was gracious enough to send me some products to try for review and I’d like to give my thoughts on each.
What it is:
A unique mask that contains fossilized sea kelp, enzymes, and a mineral blend to gently exfoliate, tighten, and cleanse skin. Good for all skin types.
The kelp is extracted from an ancient sea bed that is over 30 million years old. It is made up of over 70% calcium in a bio-available form and also contains more than 70 trace minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, sodium, and selenium to name a few, plus skin-enhancing enzymes.
This is a very creamy mask, so no need to add water to make it “mask-like”, which means no mess for me to make! 😀 I left this on while doing most of my business in the shower and then rinsed it off with warm water. My skin felt clean, soft, and detoxed.
What it is:
An ultra-hydrating serum that is good for all skin types
Contains hyaluronic acid and kelp extract to quench thirsty skin, marine phytoplankton to nourish, and vitamin C to protect.
This serum has a milky, silk-like texture that you need to massage into your skin to get it to fully absorb, but once it is, your skin feels very hydrated and looks very smooth with an almost matte finish. I really like this for my oily, yet always thirsty skin!
What it is:
A blend of plant oils that tackle skin concerns such as breakouts, dryness, lack of firmness, sensitivity, and signs of aging.
Made with rosehip, kukui, and argan oils which are rich in revitalizing nutrients including fatty acids, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Subtly fragranced with rose otto essential oil.
I love me a good facial oil and this one definitely hits all the right marks for me. It is a bit on the richer side, so only a few drops are needed to moisturize well. Once it’s absorbed, though, it’s not greasy at all, but rather leaves your skin feeling deeply hydrated. This works great with the Hydrating Serum.
Moor Spa also kindly provided me with a code you can use when purchasing products on their website. You will receive 15% off plus FREE shipping on orders $100 or more (both US & Canada)! Code is SABRINA15 and is good until December 31st, 2021.
All of Moor Spa’s products are also certified by CertClean (www.certclean.com) – North America’s leading certification for safer skincare! 😀
Have you tried Moor Spa? What products interest you most?
Until next time,
*Products were sent to me for review, all opinions are my own. All photos were taken by and are property of TBE, please do not use without permission.