This post is probably long overdue, but I wanted to try as many of their products as I could afford before writing a full review on them.
Even though I have my tried and true (more luxe end in some cases) faves, I am always on the lookout for more budget-friendly, high quality, equally as effective brands to try out and share with you all. My mission is to turn as many people on to cleaner, more eco-friendly products as I can, and since I know that price is a deterrent for many, it’s very important to me to find the best of the best in affordable clean beauty.
At the top of my (growing) list right now is Beauty by Earth. Founded by Prudence Millsap & Ryan Greve, these two friends were looking for safer skincare products for their children. Not happy with what they found on the market, they decided to create their own products, and Beauty by Earth was born.
Their mission is to “create the most effective products with the cleanest ingredients that can be found on Earth.”
The Beauty by Earth Promise:
Organic & Natural Ingredients.
No Harmful Toxins or Chemicals.
Never Tested On Animals.
All Formulations Made in the USA.
Their products are always made without these toxins: Sulfates · Parabens · Phthalates · Synthetic Dyes/Fragrances · Triclosan · Petroleum · Gluten
I’ve tried several of their products (most purchased, a few gifted) and I have my eye on a dozen more! Today, I’ll be sharing my thoughts on what I have been using and what’s on my wish list, and what deals they have going on right now (you won’t want to miss these!). You can also always use my discount code – eco-soprano12 on regular (non-sale or special) purchases.
- Self Tanner – $30.99 This is one of the absolute cleanest self tanners I have come across with one of the best price tags. This contains skin nourishing ingredients organic aloe, organic shea butter, coconut oil, organic green tea, organic pomegranate and organic jojoba to name a few. It does not contain dyes, artificial fragrance or any other potentially irritating ingredients. This also won’t stain your clothes or sheets and won’t turn you orange like an oompa loompa! Full ingredients: Water, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Dihydroxyacetone (Sugar Beet Derived DHA), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin (Vegetable), Organic Camellia Oleifera (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Organic Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Organic Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Pulp Extract, Vanilla Tahitensis (Vanilla) Fruit Extract. *gifted
- SPF30 Tinted Mineral Sunscreen Stick (Creme) – $17.99 – This convenient travel sized sunscreen provides broad spectrum protection in a mineral, non-nano zinc oxide formula. It’s water resistant up to 80 minutes and is coral reef and marine friendly. The formula is very creamy and hydrating (a bit too much for my oily skin, so if you have skin like mine, you’ll need to follow with a powder) and provides just a hint of natural looking coverage. Because this is so hydrating, I mainly use this under my eyes as a spf concealer and any other spots I need it as I am on the go. Full ingredients: (Active): Non-Nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide 20% ; (Inactive): Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol (Sunflower Derived), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera) Powder*, Mica (CI:77019), Iron Oxides (CI:77492) (CI:77491) (CI:77499). *gifted
- Balance & Restore Luxury Face Oil – $29.99 – I am absolutely obsessed with this face oil! This is the perfect face oil for combination, sensitive and acne-prone skin! It provides hydration at the deepest level with ingredients that rapidly absorb into the skin, while repairing, soothing and balancing the skin. A few drops is all you need and you can even add it to your moisturizer for extra hydration or use it as part of your gua sha routine. Full ingredients: *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, *Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, *Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, *Euphrasia Officinalis (Eyebright) Extract, *Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Mixed Tocopherol (Vitamin E), *Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Extract, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Essential Oil, *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, *Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Essential Oil, *Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Essential Oil, *Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Essential Oil. *Certified Organic Ingredient. *gifted
- Vanilla Coconut Body Scrub – $29.99 – Oh, this scrub is heaven in a jar! I told the affiliate manager that they really need to get a body oil or lotion in this scent because it is just the most Summery Summer scent imaginable! It smells like a tropical drink or a vanilla latté with coconut milk..or whatever, it’s delicious! Made with fair trade certified sugar to gently exfoliate and thirst quenching oils like marula and apricot kernel, this is essentially a scrub and moisturizer in one as your skin stays super soft (and lightly scented) after using. Full ingredients: *Sucrose (sugar), *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, *Aroma Oil, *Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, *Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Kernel Oil, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract,* Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract. *Certified Organic Ingredient. **purchased
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum – $19.99 – This is perfect for anyone who is looking for an affordable serum that is soothing, hydrating, plumping and full of powerful antioxidants. I’ve tried tons of HA serums and I have to be honest, this is probably my favorite. My skin just loves it! The very first ingredient is organic aloe, and the texture is a silky gel-like consistency that just glides on and sinks in easily and quickly. It also contains noni fruit extract, green and white tea and gotu kola. I use this all over my face – including lips and under eyes, as well as my neck, chest and hands. I will apply this after cleansing and toning and then follow with the Balance & Restore oil at night. During the day, I follow with the Tinted Sunscreen Moisturizer. I also love this after using their Dermaroller to help calm and nourish my skin. Full ingredients: *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), *Morinda Citrifolia (Noni) Fruit Extract, *Camellia Sinensis Leaf (White Tea) Extract, *Camellia Sinesis (Green Tea) Flower Extract, *Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate. *Certified Organic Ingredient. **purchased
- Tinted Facial Sunscreen SPF20 (Light Beige – now Natural Beige) – $21.99 – I love this product for several reasons. One, it matches my skin perfectly (it has that perfect balance of pink and yellow), two, it provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection in a non-nano, non-greasy zinc oxide formula, three, it’s coral reef safe and marine friendly, four, it triples as a sunscreen, moisturizer and light foundation, and five, it doesn’t have a strong smell or any irritating or breakout causing ingredients. It also tones down any redness in my skin, which I love. Because it only provides a light coverage of color, I will add a powder foundation on top for extra coverage if going out. But for just around the house or running a quick errand or having my voice lesson or a Zoom meeting, this is perfect for me. Full ingredients: Zinc Oxide (Non-nano),Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glycerin (Vegetable), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Organic Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Ascorbyl Glucoside (Vitamin C), Xanthan Gum, Organic Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil, Organic Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract , Organic Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Leaf Essential Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Essential Oil, Yellow Iron Oxide, Red Iron Oxide, Black Iron Oxide. **purchased
- Jade Gua Sha – $12.99 – By now, pretty much everyone either uses or has heard of gua sha stones and the benefits of using one (lymphatic drainage, puffiness reduction, firming and toning just to name a few), but I also love it because it releases tension in my neck, jaw and tongue root. As a singer, we generally find our bodies holding tension in specific areas and while some tension is good, a tense jaw, neck or tongue is not for producing our most beautiful and free sounds. This gua sha tool is contoured to the shape of your face so it really glides along the jaw perfectly. To loosen tension in my tongue root, I take the tool and wiggle it back and forth right under my chin, going back towards my throat. For my neck, I first go up, then to the side (really working my scalene muscles) and then after I’ve gotten my face done, I go back down to drain any fluids. I’ve noticed since using this regularly, that not only are my tension spots much less tense, but my face is getting firmer and smoother, so double win for me! **purchased
What’s on my wish-list:
Here are the products that I am looking to purchase soon.
Current Coupon Deals!
“NEW50” (Buy One, Get One 50% Off)
Offer: Buy One, Get One 50% Off
Dates: 7/30/2021 – 8/30/2021
T&Cs: Valid through 8/30/21 at beautybyearth.com. Not valid on previous purchases, gift cards, or when combined with other offers. Includes the Vitamin C products, Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Self Tanning Mousse, and more.
“BOGOVITC” (Buy One, Get One Free)
Offer: Buy One Vitamin C product,
Get One Vitamin C product Free
T&Cs: Valid through 8/31/2021 at beautybyearth.com only. Not valid on previous purchases, gift cards, and cannot be combined with other offers. Includes Hyperactive Vitamin C Toner Mist and Hyperactive Vitamin C Serum.
Have you tried anything from Beauty by Earth? What products pique your interest?
Until next time,
*All photos except cover (photo credit BBE) were taken by and are property of The Eco-Conscious Soprano. Please do not use without permission. All products were either gifted by the brand or purchased by me and all opinions and thoughts are my own. Affiliate links are used.